At Lifetouch, we have found a special purpose in capturing and preserving life-long memories through photography. With the many changes in the world this year, we are reminded, now more than ever, of the importance of capturing important moments and sharing photography with our loved ones.
This fall, Lifetouch is taking extra steps to keep your students and staff safe while capturing the time-honored tradition of school photography. Lifetouch is leading the photography industry in providing comprehensive safety protocols. These protocols follow the guidelines or recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards related to COVID-19.
Our new safety protocols include:
- Safety Training Lifetouch employees are required to complete enhanced safety and cleaning protocol training.
- Social Distancing Employees will follow new posing and social distancing requirements to ensure a safe and comfortable picture day.
- Electronic Check-in To limit interactions and improve efficiency, students will not carry a name card to the camera.
- Enhanced Cleaning Photographers will have a sanitization kit to clean camera stations and equipment.
- Face Masks Photographers are required to wear face masks during the entire photography session. We recommend face coverings for students and staff being photographed. During their individual session, they will be advised to remove their face covering to capture their image. Face coverings are required for parent volunteers.
- Customized Plan Most importantly, we’ll work with you to establish a plan that fits your needs.
While Picture Day may look different this year, as a trusted partner, our goal remains the same; to ensure your school receives this essential photography service and families can continue to enjoy life’s memories.
Check out what schools are saying about Lifetouch Picture Day!
“We were hesitant about getting pictures made on the first day of school due to the pandemic and the craziness of all that is going on with COVID-19. I am so glad we kept the date. The photographers did an outstanding job and the process went as smoothly as it possibly could go! Thank you to all that made this happen!” – Principal, Hollywood Elementary School, AL
“[There was] consistency in practice of safety measures in the day of COVID. Setup and flow was very good. Safety was the top priority for students and staff and photographers.” – Office Manager, Monta Vista High School, CA
“Registration at St. Joseph High School this year went extremely smoothly, in large part, due to the communication and set up provided by Lifetouch. Prior to registration, I had many conversations with [our Lifetouch Representative] (mostly initiated by him) in order to determine what would work best for our school. We changed our mind a couple of times, and [he] adjusted without hesitation. At this very stressful time, it was very comforting to know that our safety was taken very seriously and was executed to perfection.” – Business Manager, St. Joseph High School, Edmonton, Alberta
Additional Safety Measures: The Lifetouch SmileSafe Program
School pictures are essential for school operations and safety but more importantly, they play a critical role in the recovery of a missing child. Learn more about how Lifetouch and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are partnering together to bring more than 1 billion free SmileSafe ID cards to families across America.
Contact Lifetouch for more information on our new Picture Day safety protocols.
Note: Photography safety protocols may change based on new or revised recommendations from local and national government agencies.