Parents, grandparents or other friends and relatives are looking for ideas, and this one is a sure winner. Simply contact the student’s school and get in touch with the yearbook adviser to place an order. Many schools even offer a printed certificate that you can gift, but if they don’t, you can easily create your own or note the gift in a special holiday card.
There are many reasons to give a yearbook this holiday season, but 10 big ones that make it worth considering include:
1. It’s a meaningful gift. It shows you pay attention to what that person does and cares about. School is a big part of a young person’s life and a yearbook captures that special time with photography, graphics and text.
2. Your gifting a source of reflection. A yearbook captures some of the best memories a person will have growing up. This is something they can look back on years from now and reminisce. You can’t put a price on nostalgia.
3. A high-quality yearbook is timeless. Unlike a trendy gift that will be dated within a few months, a yearbook is something that will be cherished decades from now. These memories are meant to last.
4. You know what you’re giving. Unlike a generic gift card where you have no idea what the person actually spent it on, a certificate for a yearbook provides you with peace of mind that your money is well spent on something that matters.
5. You’re supporting local education. Yearbook clubs work hard to put together comprehensive spreads that represent the student body. Purchases are the main source of funding. Your dollars make a difference to students who are learning important skills.
6. It saves time. Who wants to wait in long lines at the store or worry about lost deliveries from online purchases? All you have to do is contact the school to place an order and you’re set. (No one will even know if you do it in your holiday jammies.)
7. You’re stressing the importance of education. Family and friends who purchase yearbooks as gifts are telling the recipient that school is an important place to learn, grow and make memories. It’s so important that it’s worth investing in a book that documents the entire school year.
8. You’re gifting future laughs. Years from now it will be a blast to review the fads and what was most popular in school. From funky clothes to creative hairstyles, what is hot now is probably not going to be in 10 years or more.
9. It’s something kids can’t typically afford. Depending on the size of the school and the yearbook, costs can easily approach $50 or more. The average teen can’t typically afford that, so your gift helps them preserve memories and their piggy bank.
10. Finally, it is valuable. What if someone becomes famous from their class? A yearbook featuring that person’s picture (and potentially their signature) might be worth a lot of money someday. If no one makes it big, that’s OK, too. A yearbook still has enormous personal value that will provide meaning for years to come.