With Lifetouch, you have a partner in the safety and security of your students—from student data and financial security to commitments and services that protect students.
Lifetouch’s privacy pledge
As dedicated members of the schools and communities we serve, student safety is our top priority. In fact, Lifetouch was the first school photography company to demonstrate its commitment to keeping school data safe by signing a voluntary, enforceable, school-service-provider privacy pledge.
We work hard to ensure every child in your school is protected with:
- Equipment and processes designed with student safety in mind
- Background checks on all employees who work in your school
- The best image, data and privacy practices in the industry
- Payment sites that meet or exceed the credit card industry’s strict standards for use of financial information
- Value-added SmileSafe™ and school ID programs
Read more about our data privacy policies online.
Secure access through Lifetouch Portal
The Lifetouch Portal offers a safe, secure way for your administrative team to manage your school’s Picture Day images. Eliminate the risk of email hacking or hassling with jump-drives and CDs/DVDs in order to get your student pictures into your student information systems.
The Lifetouch Portal also allows you to download Picture Day images for certificates, photo directories, awards and more. Learn more about this online feature and view the Lifetouch Portal video located on our Picture Day & Yearbooks page.
For more than 10 years, Lifetouch has partnered with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) in the U.S. and the Canadian Centre for Child Protection (CCCP) in Canada to help provide law enforcement with the most valuable tool when a child goes missing—a current photograph. Each year, Lifetouch distributes SmileSafe™ photo ID cards—free for your school’s families. Lifetouch portraits have assisted in the recovery of children in 24 states.
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that works in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention. Since it was founded in 1984, it has assisted law enforcement in the recovery of more than 199,575 missing children.
SmileSafe, NCMEC and CCP provide:
- A current, quality student image available for authorities that parents can access 24/7 for early intervention
- Education on safety tips and prevention strategies for awareness of child safety
- Peace of mind, knowing you and your families are prepared in case of an emergency
Learn more about how the SmileSafe™ Photo ID program works.
Additional Safety Resources
The NetSmartz Workshop, a program of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children®, has great resources to help educate children on how to stay safer while using the Internet, smartphones, social media, online gaming and more. Visit the NetSmartz Workshop