How to finish your yearbook during a national pandemic
Yearbook clubs all across the country are experiencing a similar feeling — uncertainty and stress as spring yearbook deadlines approach. You made a commitment to advise the yearbook program at your school, and we made a commitment to help you create a yearbook your community is proud of. We remain committed to The Pact we made with you and we are here to support you on this ever-changing journey. The printing of yearbooks is well underway and we are committed to providing you with yearbook development and delivery updates as they become available.
So let’s get started on Plan B. Below are new and relevant resources that will get you and your yearbook to the finish line this spring.
Distance Learning Opportunities
Finishing your yearbook looks a little different this year. Our Spring 2020 webinar series is full of ideas to help you navigate this time of uncertainty, inspire your class of students, and give you creative ideas on how to engage your community from a distance. We have wrapped up our webinar series for the 2019-2020 school year and encourage you to view all of our webinar recordings which are available here: schools.lifetouch.com/yearbooks/yearbookwebinarseries/
Digital resources available for you
- The best yearbooks showcase story-telling images. Lifetouch is more than just your yearbook publisher. We provide a helpful curriculum empowering you to design a great yearbook. View Digital Curriculum.
- Filler Page Ideas – Need ideas to fill the rest of your yearbook pages? Download our filler page ideas PDF today for free.
- COVID-19 Page Embellishments for you to use on your yearbook pages.
- COVID-19 copyright-free JPG images that can be used in publications – Public Health Image Library.
- Struggling to fill pages where spring sports and events have been canceled? Cover how your school is coping with COVID-19 and view our COVID-19 page spread examples.
- Headlines are a great way to inspire a page spread. View our list of COVID-19 related headline ideas to spark ideas for your Spring 2020 page content.
- Here are a few articles we found interesting on the topic of COVID-19 and journalism; Teen Vogue Article & the Student Press Law Center Article.
- We believe the history-making events of 2020 must be captured in your yearbook, which is why we created a custom COVID-19 page spread for you to add to your 2019-2020 yearbook. The spread is available today in our Yearbook Creation Tool as a background titled COVID-19 in the category Illustrations.
Social media just became your best friend
Luckily we live in a digital age where you can use social media to promote, sell and design your yearbook.
Email Communication you can send
- Let your community members know that your yearbook sale is still live via email. Send an email to invite them to purchase a yearbook on YBPay.com. Give them a preview of the COVID-19 page spreads you have created!
- Use this time to run your student frequency report on your Yearbook Creation Tool. That way you can send an email blast to parents letting them know their student is featured in the yearbook.
Facebook posts ideas:
- Share an article that inspired you.
- Create a social media post series to promote your yearbook and link to your school’s YBPay Website. Make sure to add an order due by date!
- Ask community members to give you quotes from the student’s perspective on COVID-19. P.S. This will make for excellent content in your yearbook.
- Send out a request for community members to send you photos of students learning from home during COVID-19 and use our COVID-19 page spread templates (available above) to create unique page spreads.
- Who said selling a yearbook virtually can’t be fun?! Below are a series of JPG files you can download and use to promote and sell your 2019-2020 yearbook via social media! Simply click on the image and right-click to save the image to your computer.
Canada YBPay Social Media Images: